The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Bonds & Fixed Income Investments

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/thank-you-for-posting-that-video-i-learned-a-lot-30679858.aspx

Subject:  Re: The 10-year Note Date:  5/12/2013  10:33 AM
Author:  MisterFungi Number:  34936 of 35379

Thank you for posting that video. I learned a lot from it, and not only about trading.

In a kind of meta-way, I learned something not only from the content of the video but also from the fact that it has been viewed only 49 times (or, now, 50 times).

A video about, say, sleeping kittens, will go viral. Fifteen million views. But an 11-minute video that offers insight not only into trading but into what it takes to do pretty much anything really well? Fifty views.

There is no one "right way." Develop an approach that works for you. Pay attention, not only to what you are doing but also to what you are learning from it. Does it feel right for you? Are you reluctant to admit when you make a mistake? One can learn as much from what fails as from what works ... but only if you have the ego strength to accept failure and learn from it.

Thank you.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us