The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Personal Finances / Buying or Selling a Home

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/as-for-further-west-do-you-really-commute-to-a-30681089.aspx

Subject:  Re: Downpayment Sources Date:  5/13/2013  10:45 AM
Author:  2gifts Number:  125262 of 127683

As for further west, do you really commute to a location in Cambridge in under an hour?

I don't commute there, but my neighbors do. I have one neighbor that works in Cambridge and a couple that work in Waltham. I think they leave early, like around 6:30am and work around the heavy commuting hours.

I agree that Concord is expensive, but what about Carlisle? They share a school system, and I think Carlisle is more rural than Concord and less expensive.

I hate the housing options in this state, but it's the reality we are having to deal with.

I don't mind the housing, but I won't work in the areas around Boston so I don't have to deal with 128 or Rte. 2. I live off 495, and find there are plenty of places to work along 495 so that I don't have to go into the city and so don't deal with those nightmare commutes anymore.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us