The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Personal Finances / Buying or Selling a Home

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/thanks-all-for-the-advice-two-offers-came-in-last-30682704.aspx

Subject:  Re: House for sale - offer expected Date:  5/14/2013  8:43 AM
Author:  Jennlee222 Number:  125268 of 127710

Thanks all for the advice!

Two offers came in last night, and apparently there may be another on the way. Of the 2 received offers, one is from a physician and his family who is moving here from out of state. The other is a guy who I think is single and from the area.

Both buyers have the standard inspection contingency, financing contingency, appraisal contingency. Both buyers are pre-approved for financing for over the price of the home - one is FHA (the single guy) and one is PhysicianLoans (the doctor). Both buyers have contingency of seller-purchased home warranty ($425) and radon check at buyer expense (radon is not a big problem in my area and my basement has a lot of exposure with windows, so we think it is unlikely to be an issue, but I never have had it checked).

Buyer 1 also has contingency of their current home closing. Their home has an accepted offer with all contingencies removed, scheduled to close May 28, and they've offered proof of that.

Buyer 2 has an additional contingency that I credit him $3500 toward closing costs.

Buyer 1 offer nets out to full asking price $225K. They are offering $220,500, and their Realtor (who is the mother-in-law of the doctor) is reducing her commission by 2%, which brings the net to me to the full asking price.

Buyer 2 offer is $213,500.

Buyer 1 has seen the property via FaceTime (and the mother-in-law has seen it a couple times) and said they loved it and wrote me a glowing letter about how the house is perfect for them. They will actually see it in person today. They put in their offer before the actual viewing I guess because they want it and knew that the other offer was coming in.

My Realtor recommends I accept Buyer 1's offer and counter Buyer 2's offer and put it into secondary offer position.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us