The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Personal Finances / Buying or Selling a Home

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/yes-i-really-hope-their-home-sale-does-not-fall-30682844.aspx

Subject:  Re: House for sale - offer expected Date:  5/14/2013  10:07 AM
Author:  Jennlee222 Number:  125272 of 127684

Yes, I really hope their home sale does not fall through! If their home sale offer is accepted with all contingencies waived then I have to think it is unlikely to fall through. That said, I know that anything can happen!

The lady of the family did write me a nice letter telling me she loved the house and about how her family plans to use it and stuff. Seems like they really like it and want it.

I'd never heard of a secondary position offer either. Apparently it's something that can be done. You do tell that buyer that they are in a secondary position. They can continue to look for other homes and pull their offer if they find something else, or if your primary offer falls through then you have that secondary. My Realtor says it is "kind of like being the runner up in a beauty pageant." lol.

My Realtor had originally let both current buyers know the other offer was coming in, hoping to get them to make better offers up front than they might have. That third possible offer he did let the agent know that two offers were expected, but we haven't heard anything back on that one. That inquiry was in the afternoon yesterday, so not much time. Both current offers have deadlines of today.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us