The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Social Clubs / Deranged Monkey Criticism

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/im-going-to-respectfully-suggest-there-is-some-30683954.aspx

Subject:  Re: Poll: Technical Analysis Date:  5/14/2013  6:21 PM
Author:  MDCigan Number:  17127 of 20323

I'm going to respectfully suggest there is some element of selection/confirmation basis at work here. You've probably made no effort to find or research individuals who fit that bill. If I could say just one thing, it would be read the Marty Schwartz interview in Market Wizards. All that said, just because technique A works for one person doesn't mean it will work for someone else. Some people make their money reading charts (Brandt), some people make their money trading global macro (Soros), and some people make their money focusing on individual businesses (Lynch).

I hope this didn't come across negatively...NOT my intent. In your case, there was never any reason to seek out other methodologies. My understanding is you came across Lynch and his method for selecting stocks, and then you had tremendous success right off the bat. Logically, there would be no reason to spend too much time investigating anything else. It would be like a guy who started weight training under some experienced weight trainer and then gained 30-40 pounds of muscle the first 3 years under his training, nutrition, and supplementation protocol. There would be no reason to mess around with other regimens.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us