The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Personal Finances / Credit Cards and Consumer Debt

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/creditkarma-is-actually-kind-of-interestingor-30684481.aspx

Subject:  Re: Is This New? Examining my Experian Credit Re Date:  5/15/2013  1:27 AM
Author:  determinedmom Number:  307032 of 308881

CreditKarma is actually kind of interesting...or at least the information is interesting.

DH has a 791 TransUnion Credit Score. Mine on the other hand is 754. The thing that is "negative" on mine is that I get a C for credit utilization. This is because with my only credit card debt last month being $110 on American Express that showed as 0% utilization which is a C. If it was 1% then I would get an A for credit utilization. I typically pay my Amex charges a couple of times a month before the bill gets here so I never have a very high balance.

My Vantage score was 987 but I was surprised to see my Auto insurance score was 844 (fair) and my home insurance score was 800 (poor). This apparently reflects the likelihood that I'll file an insurance claim. I'm really curious as to what is causing those results. I've never filed a homeowner's insurance claim. So I am really curious what this is based upon.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us