The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Social Clubs / Deranged Monkey Criticism

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/unfortunately-right-now-i-have-a-corporate-day-30685201.aspx

Subject:  Re: Poll: Technical Analysis Date:  5/15/2013  12:45 PM
Author:  OneEyeBird Number:  17139 of 20807

Unfortunately, right now I have a corporate day job that has nothing to do with financial markets so right there is 50+ hours I could be doing mucho business model analysis.

Hey, one last thing - I HATE it when you write this, really do. Using Value Line or VIC or other things, you can find a good idea pretty quick and the analysis - if the idea is obvious - is a matter of reading the 10K, reading a call, looking at a presentation or any number of other things. I'll admit this:

*most of what I do is pure busy work*

seriously - I'll do spreadsheets for all my companies, read all the calls, and review this or that, but for truly GOOD ideas - GREAT ones - you get it pretty quick and then the rest of your work reinforces or denies that initial impression.

And you only need one. MOST things in most environments are MARGINAL type ideas. If you are using other ways to manage money, this is just a way to supercharge your return.

If you have 10 extra hours a week to any sort of analysis, you can follow 10 companies....or ONE issue of Value Line...or ONE industry group. Maximize your time by looking at similar things. Don't let lack of time be a reason not to do this. Get ONE 2 or three or 5 bagger and you'll get it. I KNOW you can do this - you have all the technical tools.

Preacher Paul
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us