The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Social Clubs / Deranged Monkey Criticism

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/but-then-again-if-you-had-the-lesson-you-chose-to-30685386.aspx

Subject:  Re: Poll: Technical Analysis Date:  5/15/2013  1:52 PM
Author:  DrtThrwingMonkey Number:  17140 of 20322

But then again if you had the lesson you chose to ignore it.

And ignore it again when seeing it in my writings. oh well.

Why would it matter to you that they be separate? So you can call one wrong and dismiss it as limited?

No, because you very bluntly stated your opinion that TA was part of FA, whereas it not only makes no logical sense to me, but does not seem to be considered so according to any of the standard definitions, including the one used by the organisation (CFA Institute) that you cited. So I have the choice of listening to all the other sources I have found, and ignoring your statement - well, not ignoring, but rejecting - or ignoring what makes sense to me and what everyone else seems to think, and accepting your unsupported claim.

You're allowed to admit you were wrong - it happens to all of us. What I try to do, when I'm advancing a proposition that I'm not completely sure about, is add some word or phrase that indicates that this is a possibility, not a certainty. It makes it a bit easier to back out of a claim that turns out to be erroneous.

Regards, DTM
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us