The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Social Clubs / Deranged Monkey Criticism

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/-as-such-when-gold-insurance-is-cheap-it-may-be-30686000.aspx

Subject:  Re: Poll: Technical Analysis Date:  5/15/2013  5:53 PM
Author:  Garranova Number:  17149 of 21595

. As such, when gold insurance is cheap it may be worth buying, even for Americans.

Gold as extended warranty. Conventional wisdom is that these warranties are a bad deal. Sure is nice when you have one when you need one. Though if things got bad enough the ammo case carries greater weight with me, personally. But I see the bleak future more as Mad Max style, where guns and gasoline are what saves you.

'Course if you are escaping from somewhere nasty to somewhere less nasty then I can see gold being your best friend. In this case my paradigm might be gold = flight, ammo = fight.

Not sure if gold would've helped the Japanese-Americans 70 years ago, though I think you were giving an example of a con farmland et al and not a pro gold.

Sometimes you are just unlucky and you will get singled out and taken around back and jailed or shot. One day it may happen to us. In the meantime let us play with our pixels and try to make them grow, be they golden or paper.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us