The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Early CampFIRE

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/quotso-i-writes-up-a-policy-where-i-can-pay-30686960.aspx

Subject:  Re: When the Tail Wags the Dog, This Happens Date:  5/16/2013  11:00 AM
Author:  Art53 Number:  682130 of 753723

"So I writes up a policy where I can pay monthly about $90 and last night I slept in an empty house without the misses cause she sure as hell wasn't going to join me, she slept last night in our beautiful new home. The air mattress I slept on leaked and I found myself essentially sleeping on a flat piece of rubber on a hardwood floor. Got me up off of the floor - with much difficulty I might add - around 2am and went to my udder brand new home. Somehow I had always thought living the American dream would turn out differently. But heck, I'm going to buy me a new air mattress today. I hope the house sells quickly. ;-) " - Ben

You can buy a twin mattress for $99.00 and it's much more comfortable than sleeping on an air mattress. I have slept on a mattress on the floor many times in my life. It beats and air mattress all to pieces.

It might be several months till you sell your old house so if you are going to be sleeping there for a couple of months you might want to up your comfort level.

Art
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us