The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Early CampFIRE

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/you-vil-comply-wit-supreme-quothousingquot-30687038.aspx

Subject:  Re: Should I part the Red Sea too? Date:  5/16/2013  11:40 AM
Author:  Colovion Number:  682142 of 757322

YOU Vil Comply Wit Supreme "Housing" Clerk's delegated Directive!!!

Or Else!!!

They can go pound sand. I'll maybe get out there to tag the bikes, but no way in hell I'll be able to impound them. In fact a very similar thing happened last year (with a different hall, the U is renovating them one at a time, taking each one offline for a year to do it). In that case I DID know about it well beforehand, everyone was e-mailed, I did tag every single bike around the building, etc. But I couldn't impound those bikes. I impounded every single one I had previously tagged (before the 86 I tagged to get the owners to move them before the fence went up) but once the fence goes up the property technically belongs to the construction company. I can't take the bikes then, I'd be stealing them as they're techinically outside our jurisdiction at that point. We got calls from students whining about their bikes being stuck inside. Hey, maybe you should have paid attention to the e-mails, the posters and the tag on your bike saying "MOVE IT NOW!" eh?

But in this case? I can't do a damn thing. It's just impossible.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us