The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Politics & Current Events / Political Asylum

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/tea-party-groups-plan-to-sue-irs-30687361.aspx

Subject:  Tea Party Groups Plan To Sue IRS Date:  5/16/2013  2:01 PM
Author:  LurkerMom Number:  1877808 of 1963283

Bill said, "I don't see them carrying torches and pitchforks at the moment.

But I see a whole lot of Republicans who are."

Methinks what Bill needs to fear are the many Tea Party Organizations across America who will descend on D. C. with their brand of pitchforks come 1214. They must be angry as hell after learning the truth of the prez admin. targeting them to the point of becoming afraid to speak out in fear of retaliation from the dems and the IRS.
I often wondered why the Tea Party was quiet during the last voting cycle. I remember too some of the PA left laughing and saying the Tea Party is dead.
Well watch out left...I'm sure the Tea Party Patriots will now become bigger and stronger carrying pitchforks aimed at the liberal left in short time.

snip
"WASHINGTON — The Ohio Liberty Coalition and 16 other tea party groups could file a civil suit against the Internal Revenue Service as soon as next week, according to an attorney representing 27 tea party organizations from around the nation.

Jordan Sekulow, executive director of the American Center for Law and Justice, is representing the organizations on a pro bono basis. He said it’s unclear if the organizations will file as a class action or individually in the 17 different states they encompass.

Sekulow said the case is made more unusual by the fact that the IRS essentially admitted to targeting the groups when it apologized for its actions on Friday. He said damages could include the cost of complying with IRS demands and the loss of donors reluctant to give to an organization without tax-exempt status."

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local/2013/05/16/Tea...
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us