The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Religion & Culture / Atheist Fools

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/what-i-want-is-for-states-or-countries-to-act-as-30687534.aspx

Subject:  Re: smaller government, DrB? Date:  5/16/2013  3:26 PM
Author:  dlbuffy Number:  423089 of 439264

What I want is for states or countries to act as testing grounds for new ways of educating kids.

How are you going to make up for all the kids that go through the failing systems? Who will employ those kids, or gasp pay for their welfare because they cannot contribute to society?

How are you going to pay for all the research to collate all the data. Collect all that data from multiple different filing systems, different coding languages, different reporting requirements. Aggregate all that data from different assumptions, goals, ratings. Who gets to say what works and doesn't work? Do you have some kind of independant peer board that already exists that will make this determination?

How long will this experiment run? Will you test (thalidamide) on a whole generation or will you just segregate out small portions of a group (you'll probably need a control) so that at least some of them have a chance? Or, will you need multiple generations because you have to see how they succeed as adults before you can fully assess, so probably a longer term 60+ years to make sure you track all the systems from birth to death. Which means then you would have about 3 generations of kids who have gone through the 'wrong' systems.

Yeah...this idea makes sense to me. Let's do it.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us