The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Politics & Current Events / Conservative Fools

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/state-dept-organization-confirmation-30687636.aspx

Subject:  State Dept Organization Confirmation Date:  5/16/2013  4:10 PM
Author:  CVSUSN Number:  119090 of 134031

The following is more informational than anything else at this point.

I spoke with a friend and colleague who is employed by the State Dept.

The topic was the organizational structure and reporting procedures at State as it relates to Victoria Nuland and her role in the Benghazi emails. As you'll recall her name comes up frequently and is specifically associated with the phrase "building leadership."

Organizationally, she is under the Assistant Secretary for Public Affairs. However from a reporting standpoint, she has periodic, routine, and direct access to Clinton's office . . . meaning Cheryl Mills and Hillary Clinton with Mills speaking for Hills.

When you see "building leadership" in those emails, it equals Hillary Clinton. Leadership sets the tone, folks. Or as I heard earlier today, "the fish rots from the head down."

As an aside, I mentioned earlier Nuland was up for a promotion in the Policy directorate at State. He thought she was up for an ambassadorship. Regardless who is correct, he agreed she is at least one of the first collateral damage to come out of the Benghazi revelations since whatever the promotion it would require Senate approval.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us