The Motley Fool Discussion Boards
Investing/Strategies / Mechanical Investing
|Subject: Re: maybe done||Date: 5/16/2013 7:14 PM|
|Author: KBGlenn||Number: 243119 of 251813|
Certified old guy here who bailed a while back, but still enjoys following the board. Some quick thoughts.
1. Trading/investing and beating the mkt consistently way more difficult than it appears for emotional, system and plain simple execution reasons.
2. Your personal time is a cost, don't underestimate it.
3. Timing matters a lot. If you get that right, you can invest/trade anything and you will make money. Get it wrong and the opposite is also true.
4. If number 3 is true and leveraged and diversified ETFs exist, why mess with individual stocks?
5. There are many profitable methods, ultimately the one that will work for you, is the one that will work for you.
6. Number 5 is the most important thing I wrote. It's a bit Zenish but it is the most accurate.
|Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us|