The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Religion & Culture / Atheist Fools

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/look-the-dealer-model-as-been-in-place-for-over-30687922.aspx

Subject:  Re: OT!! Smaller gov't, until you come after mi Date:  5/16/2013  7:20 PM
Author:  AngelMay Number:  423104 of 443879

Look, the dealer model as been in place for over 100 years and it's been successful. I mean who doesn't love going to a car dealership to purchase a car? And if we don't have dealers, who will protect us from evil price gougers? Who will throw in the undercoating for free?

---------

I absolutely despise buying a car from a dealer. All that crap about "I'll have to check with my manager", and then he leaves you sitting there - for frikkin' ever - while he dorks around somewhere doing god knows what. Then, if you ever reach a price and tell him you are paying cash - after he picks his teeth back up he sends you over to accounting where they try to sell you all kinds of warranties and crap that you don't want. It's nearly an all-day effort that should really only take about an hour.

I hope they all go belly-up. :(

AM
...reliving some bad car-buying experiences....
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us