The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Mechanical Investing

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/hold-on-i-believe-this-thread-is-projecting-a-more-30688258.aspx

Subject:  Re: maybe done Date:  5/16/2013  11:11 PM
Author:  FLARAM Number:  243125 of 251794

Hold on I believe this thread is projecting a more negative picture of MI than it actuality deserves.
Although I posted above that I was dissatisfied with recent results that didn't mean I haven't beaten
the S&P. It is only the last 31/2 years I have only slightly ahead after a lot of effort.

I retired early 12+ years ago partially because I had invested/traded better than some. Since starting
MI I have managed to more than quadruple my 401K while withdrawing more than 4% a year in a
period were the S&P return has been less than 2%. Some years or sets of years have been very good
some like this last few years disappointing. Some screens and momentum predictors stop working
and new ones take their place.

I am not quitting, I'm too stubborn for that, but I am working on better screening software and
backtesting analysis tools. I know there are many more sophisticated investors out there that can
analyze companies better than I but there are many times more seat of the pants follow the heard
people I still believe I can outperform.

RAM
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us