The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Religion & Culture / Atheist Fools

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/i-absolutely-despise-buying-a-car-from-a-dealer-30688588.aspx

Subject:  Re: OT!! Smaller gov't, until you come after mi Date:  5/17/2013  9:25 AM
Author:  Gingko100 Number:  423128 of 439698

I absolutely despise buying a car from a dealer. All that crap about "I'll have to check with my manager", and then he leaves you sitting there - for frikkin' ever - while he dorks around somewhere doing god knows what.
I only had this happen once, and I said - "that's not acceptable to me - either you can make this deal or not". And then I walked out, as I wasn't willing to be fobbed off or to wait. And I went to another dealer where I dealt with the fleet manager and bought the car from him immediately. It was a cash deal, and to me it was simple - they wanted my money or they didn't. If they didn't I wasn't going to wait around. The dealers only give you drama if you let them give you drama.

The other times I've bought cars I have bought used cars from friends. "You want $X? - OK."
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us