The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Early CampFIRE

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/quoti-just-dont-think-this-is-true-take-my-30689351.aspx

Subject:  Re: From Mark Steyn Date:  5/17/2013  3:13 PM
Author:  Hochizen Number:  682305 of 734568

"I just don't think this is true. Take my business. It's all about marketing and nothing to do with "education." If you can market yourself well, you don't even have to be a high school graduate, but you can make a million (or more) annually."

Wow.....wish I knew what your business is! So long as it isn't multi-level marketing, I would be interested.

"It takes savvy, which many educated people simply do not have, and determination. If it was true that education gives you an edge, we wouldn't have Nikki Minaj, Britney Spears and others like them making fortunes. "

Nikki and Britney are not savvy people; they are lottery winners. Some executive somewhere said "hey, she will be This Years Girl, and we can make a bundle off her." Do they have talent? I guess. Are there thousands, nay, tens of thousands of women more talented as singers/entertainers? Yes, for sure! They are creations of the media.

Put another way, does Honey Boo Boo and her mom have ANY talent? No. Are they "savvy?" No. They are just another lottery winner.

Then again, in many ways, so am I.....
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us