The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Religion & Culture / Atheist Fools

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/oh-im-sorry-you-seem-to-have-forgotten-that-no-30689584.aspx

Subject:  Re: smaller government, DrB? Date:  5/17/2013  5:04 PM
Author:  1poorguy Number:  423158 of 443036

Oh I'm sorry, you seem to have forgotten that no matter what's actually true, the rightie will always stand firm in his belief that the free market is perfect and fixes everything.

No. I'm observing the rightie in his natural habitat (i.e. a bubble). It's interesting to see the disconnect from reality and his refusal to see it even when laid bare before him. Especially when said rightie clearly isn't stupid (he's not). Perhaps DEG would declare "cognitive dissonance" again. (I would guess.)

I mean, if you go to a hospital and they let you die, you'll never go back to that hospital again, right?

I'm sure that is irrefutably correct. I know I wouldn't. And I'm sure he would agree also.

Plus I'm trying to get specifics out of him. So often they just say "cut waste" and "reform entitlements", but they never actually tell you what waste, nor what about entitlements needs reform. His free-market-medical was predictable, though. And doomed to failure form the get-go.

1poorguy
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us