The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Bonds & Fixed Income Investments

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/the-yield-on-mexico-government-bonds-caught-my-30707016.aspx

Subject:  Re: Global Interest Rates Date:  5/29/2013  4:35 PM
Author:  blacktreechaser Number:  34972 of 35367

The yield on Mexico government bonds caught my eye. I looked online for how to buy them

I could not find a mutual fund or exchange traded fund that was strictly mexico government bonds...only ones I found had a mix of bonds from different companies. If looking, you might find something I missed.

I did find an old article saying that folks in US can buy Mexico government bond in increments of $1,000 from brokers like Charles Schwab.
I didn't see anything on Etrade or Zions.

I did come across an outfit in Tigard, Or, called Durig Capital. They offer a LOT of bonds from other countries, and could do small bond packages at institutional rates by bundling.
The gentleman I talked to said they work through Ameritrade, and charge a fee through the Amertirade account. I didn't completely understand it, but he suggested I think of it a bit as buying a mutual fund in my ameritrade accoun.

He said present Mexico government long bond yield is closer to 4.5 to 5% instead of 7%. And he suggested a corportate pipeline bond in argentina, yielding 11%. His site also let me to the CSVSP prefferred in my previous post. You can find Durig Capital on the web, if interested.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us