The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/resn-wrote-i-said-simple-math-since-you-obviously-30717677.aspx

Subject:  Re: Talk me out of a Financial Advisor Date:  6/4/2013  8:41 AM
Author:  TwoCybers Number:  72417 of 75797

ResN wrote I said simple math. Since you obviously can do it, then do it. Paying 1% or more to a financial advisor who then will put you in funds that charge another up to 1% or more in expense ratios doesn't make sense unless you have money to burn. Since you indicate that you have money to burn, then have at it.

This strikes me as arrogant at best. You are correct the math is simple. Maybe other folks have different needs or values than you. Are you taking the position anyone whose views differ from your is an idiot or fool?

Speaking of simple questions - If you experienced some mentally disabling event (say a stroke) tomorrow and lived for another 20 years, do you think your returns would continue at the same rate of return relative to the S&P?

If your answer is yes, please post your method for that kind of auto pilot. That would be valuable, informative and maybe useful.

Gordon
Atlanta
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us