The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Personal Finances / Credit Cards and Consumer Debt

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/isnt-it-dangerous-when-the-wheels-fall-off-many-30731349.aspx

Subject:  Re: Could I Have an "Attaboy!" Date:  6/12/2013  4:44 PM
Author:  Windowseat Number:  307077 of 308557

Isn't it dangerous when the wheels fall off?

Many years ago my brother bought his first car: a 12th hand Jaguar. The car had a number of problems with it, but it was his car and he just kept paying the bills for repairs and work.

A few months later my mother bought a new car and sent the old car, a Ford Galaxy, to auction. When my brother arrived home for Thanksgiving with a car that still needed a good deal of work, there was a long discussion, the result of which was that he and my father drove to the auction site, swapped the Galaxy for the Jaguar, and my brother now had a working car that wasn't as cool as the previous one.

The next week my parents got a phone call. The Jaguar couldn't be driven after being sold, so it was being towed, and a wheel fell off.

The trick is to get rid of the car just before the wheels fall off.

Nancy
No, I don't know why it went to auction, but it was probably because the new car was bought through Avis, where my father worked, rather than through a dealer.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us