The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/my-sense-is-that-youre-now-in-the-exploratory-30738572.aspx

Subject:  Re: Taxes and roommates Date:  6/18/2013  7:24 AM
Author:  2gifts Number:  118711 of 121095

My sense is that you're now in the exploratory stage, and will hire tax and legal counsel to hammer out the details if/when you proceed.

Yes, that is my intent, but I had thought I could do some information gathering from this board to get an idea of things so that I wouldn't go to the professionals blind and uninformed.

I can see that the board generally thinks this is a bad idea for reasons with which I do not agree only because I have more information than I have been able to give the board, and you can only respond to what I have posted. I had thought that I'd put enough info in there, but it seems I was mistaken, and I'm not sure what is missing.

Rather than waste everyone's time here, which is what some folks have suggested I am doing (sorry about that - it was not my intention and I was hoping for a fruitful discussion), we can consider this closed and I will seek information elsewhere.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us