The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/rather-than-waste-everyones-time-here-which-is-30738664.aspx

Subject:  Re: Taxes and roommates Date:  6/18/2013  8:58 AM
Author:  irasmilo Number:  118713 of 121261

Rather than waste everyone's time here, which is what some folks have suggested I am doing (sorry about that - it was not my intention and I was hoping for a fruitful discussion), we can consider this closed and I will seek information elsewhere.

I didn't mean to imply that you were wasting the time of the people here, only that you were wasting your own time by continuing to pursue specific stategies. As you stated, you disagree with some of the advice offered because of additional undisclosed information. The problem is that you can't know if your disagreement is justified or not (nor can those who have offered their advice) until all relevant information is considered.

It is very rare that the regulars on this board feel that someone is wasting their time. Yours is definitely NOT one of those rare instances. Even if none of the advice offered were relevant to your specific situation, the number of issues raised should serve to caution others who may be considering similar action that this isn't a quick DIY project.

Ira
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us