The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Early CampFIRE

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/lol-thats-hilarious-especially-since-i-do-know-30755220.aspx

Subject:  Re: How to be modern day shallow Date:  6/28/2013  11:34 PM
Author:  Colovion Number:  687430 of 744333

Lol, that's hilarious! Especially since I DO know what it is... I have an account! It's a popular photo app with a strong social component (you can give a thumb's up to others photos, comment on them, etc.). It's a smartphone app you can use in place of your phone's camera, and it has a bunch of filters you can use to brighten or darken or change the contrast or warmth, etc. of those photos instantly, then ship them off to Twitter or Facebook or whatever other social apps you use.

And, yes, people take pictures of themselves in bathroom mirrors ALL THE TIME! It's absolutely ridiculous. And food... my God if someone manages to nuke a hot dog just right they'll take a picture if it and post it! There is a Tumblr feed called POHTPOF, which stands for "Pictures of Hipsters Taking Pictures of Food"... basically mocking the phenomenon brilliantly.

But my Instagram pics are all awesome of course...
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us