The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/a-2006-invoice-30766731.aspx

Subject:  A 2006 Invoice Date:  7/8/2013  5:46 PM
Author:  brucedoe Number:  118805 of 120797

We received an "overdue" invoice today from a furniture company for a purchase supposedly made by my wife in February of 2006(!) for $1,615.70 that they say is overdue(?). What is more peculiar is that she supposedly made another (smaller) purchase in April of 2006 that was paid.

My wife had a stroke on Christmas Eve of 2010, and we moved in February of this year, throwing away a lot of old records. The point here is that there is no point of even asking her about a 2006 purchase. But I might say that I certainly don't remember such a transaction. Certainly if I was involved it would have been put on a credit card, unless they don't take them. Incidentally, the address they use for us was the street address where we used to live and not the mail address, but it still was forwarded to us.

This may not be the best board to ask this question, but do we have any obligation to pay a 2006 (7 yrs ago) invoice for a purchase that we don't recall?

Should I ask them for more information on what was the item purchased? Even if there was an item, how do I know it is not a bookkeeping error on their part and actually was paid? Or should I just politely tell them to forget it.

brucedoe
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us