The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Re: A 2006 Invoice Date:  7/8/2013  6:13 PM
Author:  vkg Number:  118807 of 127753

Maybe not.

I would try the polite get lost first. You don't acknowledge the debt as legitimate, and hopefully 7 years is past your state's statue of limitations.

Pull a credit report, and see if there is any history for this account.

Check you state's statue of limitations. Different limitations may apply to the original company and collection agencies.

Did you get rid of your checking account statements? If you paid it, it would probably be from your checking account. You might still have a cancelled check image, even if the statements for the account have been tossed.
Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us