The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/furniture-stores-are-notorious-for-offering-30767071.aspx

Subject:  Re: A 2006 Invoice Date:  7/8/2013  10:34 PM
Author:  bacon Number:  118810 of 121572

...furniture stores are notorious for offering deals that have no payments required until sometime far in the future....

I was in the market for furniture during that time frame; the longest interest "free" deal I saw then was 18 months.

Frankly this sounds like a scam, perhaps phishing for personal finance data for an identity theft run: the contact data being used are data that could have been skimmed from the Internet. And I suspect you'd remember a $1600 purchase for furniture you'd likely still be using, or gone to the trouble of putting into storage.

I'm not sure I'd respond to it at all, but I'd start keeping records of the correspondence, and perhaps see a lawyer if it keeps up. Also, this would be a good time to claim your once annual free credit report from the credit reporting agencies and look those over carefully.

Eric Hines
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us