The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Re: 401k withdrawal taxes at retiremtent Date:  7/9/2013  7:51 PM
Author:  vkg Number:  118832 of 127613

and invest the rest,

If you are trying to minize RMDs after 70 1/2, then convert the amount you don't need to a ROTH instead of withdrawing it.

Taxes will be the same, and future income will not be taxed.
Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us