The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Early CampFIRE

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/thank-you-all-for-the-tips-sadly-i-didnt-get-a-30768687.aspx

Subject:  Re: Any food recs in Raleigh NC? Date:  7/9/2013  9:46 PM
Author:  JediGALT Number:  688432 of 736605

Thank you all for the tips!

Sadly I didn't get a chance to do the BBQ. Everytime I go there I say I"m gonna try BBQ but I don't have time to out of the way so much.

Well, on the way there I stopped at Arby's. Yummy Roast Beef and cheese, fries, and the latest issue of the Economist to read. Life doesn't get much better :)

Then, well, I was gonna do SOME form of BBQ but the prospective tenants I was working with insisted I come to their home for lunch, meet their aunt, etc. I'm really not that social with people I don't know....and I feel weird going to people's homes but it was kinda business, and they meant well and in some cultures it's a big deal if you turn down an invitation.

I love Thai, chinese, Indian and Japanese but have never tried Korean food. They had something called "bulgogi" and it just wasn't my thing. Anyhow, very nice people. That's one thing about business: Do business with nice people, be nice to them, and usually things are easier.

IMO, Raleigh, NC is a GREAT example of Purple America at work just like Austin, TX or Northern Virginia. Some Blue intellectualism and diversity, coupled with Red business friendly policies yields good results.

JEdiG
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us