The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Mechanical Investing

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/thanks-to-all-that-participated-for-me-there-a-30768796.aspx

Subject:  Re: Poll: I'm retired - my % in Equities is? Date:  7/9/2013  11:36 PM
Author:  zeeko Number:  244209 of 256585

Thanks to all that participated. For me, there a couple of interesting notes. First of all, Mungo brings up such an interesting point. If bond type instruments are your alternatives with a guaranteed loss ..then where will you invest? Cash is nice in a bear market but it doesn't yield so you are left with little choice.

Also. for ep0001's reply of "zero" equities. That must be a practice of sell in may and go away? Why else would you have no equities?

The unexpected result for me was the high number of people in the last category that don't rely on market timing. They must always believe in the eventual market recovery. It's just that when you are retired, I think that takes nerves of steel. After all, it might be the difference of going back to work or not. Or perhaps they have so much money, that losing a lot of it ..well it just doesn't matter.
Copyright 1996-2015 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us