The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Politics & Current Events / Political Asylum

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/yeah-there-are-no-obama-scandals-except-that-i-30769435.aspx

Subject:  Re: How the media blew the IRS 'Scandal' Date:  7/10/2013  1:14 PM
Author:  wzambon Number:  1888231 of 1947376

Yeah. There are no Obama scandals.

Except that I wrote in this thread that there are still some scandals that may have legs to them.

Nowhere did I say that Obama's been a model president, or that there were no Obama scandals.

But the top 2 that garnered so much attention- Benghazi and the IRS scandal... seem to be dissipating with the morning mist.

We'll see about the others.

BTW.. I'm on board with the NSA scandal, and have consistently written such.... though I tend to see it as systemic in nature, regardless of who happens to occupy the White House.

So many on the right will be peachy keen with surveillance of everyday Americans when a Republican is elected president, just as they were for it when Bush was president, and have fallen all over themselves trying to suggest that the same programs were good things then, but bad things now. And so many on the left will be against it then, though now they are for it.

I suppose that both sides could save a lot of creative effort if they simply created a file cabinet full of their reasons. Then, if the White House changes hands, they can simply switch file cabinets.

We'll see.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us