The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Early CampFIRE

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/i-think-that-20-years-from-now-o-kare-will-either-30769436.aspx

Subject:  Re: Steyn! Date:  7/10/2013  1:15 PM
Author:  arrete Number:  688494 of 756350

I think that 20 years from now, O-Kare will either be relegated to the dustbin of history, or will be a cruel joke on those it purported to help. Why? Concierge medicine will start at the top of the economic food chain, but will rapidly become an option for middle-class Americans that are willing to throw off the shackles of Government-run health care.
-------------

It's already happening. I need to find a new GP, and many of them are either concierge only or a combo; but you can guess which patients get more attention. I'm seriously thinking of a guy who ask $1500 a year (I think the going rate is $2000). Heck - $1500 is just a bit more than I was paying a month before Medicare. Oh - and the only way he will take Medicare patients is through the concierge part of the practice. It might be a good idea to get in on the pround floor of concierge medicine before all the best doctors are filled up.

arrete
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us