The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investment Analysis Clubs / Value Hounds

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/first-let-me-confess-that-an-analysis-such-as-the-30769467.aspx

Subject:  Re: Does the bigger picture help to pick stocks? Date:  7/10/2013  1:37 PM
Author:  kelbon Number:  15283 of 20304

First let me confess that an analysis such as the POD winning "Bigger Picture" is way over my head.

Sometimes, it's not the analysis that is over your/my (one's head), it's the way it's written. For instance an over abundance of technical jargon and acronyms. Sometimes I find it useful to just write down what seem to be the salient points, paragraph by paragraph. Other times: "I'm not going to bother to read that, my head hurts enough as it is."

A lifetime of dollar cost averaging these stocks plus a few other stalwarts would produce a market beating result in a low risk portfolio. If I could start all over again this is what I would do.

You can't start over but you can adjust your portfolio accordingly. I completely agree with you as per this approach, though I was surprised to see you express it, given Kandi and all.

kelbon
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us