The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Early CampFIRE

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/my-father-age-93-my-father-in-law-age-89-30769654.aspx

Subject:  Re: Question for TMFPMarti Date:  7/10/2013  3:20 PM
Author:  mcbdds Number:  688513 of 743932

My father, age 93. My father-in-law, age 89. Neither has a valid "government approved" ID. Both cannot use public transportation, nor can they drive. So unless you are bringing the "government" to them, they are, by definition, disenfranchised. Goofy

Good Lord how pathetic. Your contempt for humanity is boundless.
This isn't a case of "disenfranchisement". This is "life's problem solving 101" and a case of lazy children. Stop posting nonsense for just 30 minutes and figure it out!

Call up the local DMV and ask the procedure for obtaining non driving picture ID.
Call up the voter office and ask how to sign up for absentee voter registration.
Call up the local agency for seniors and ask how to arrange for volunteer transportation on election day.
Call up the local taxi company and ask how you arrange for transportation to the voting booth on election day.
Call up the registrar of voters and ask for help.

I just took care of both my parents in their late 80's and solved these problems quite easily. I'll guarantee you that I was busier than you.

Problem solving isn't a strong point with leftists but sheese focus up and get these old coots to the voting booth.

If you still can't cope with the problem ask the nearest conservative, I'm sure they will fix it for you. If you don't know any conservatives e-mail me and I'll help.

mcb
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us