The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Politics & Current Events / Political Asylum

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/mv-have-you-ever-really-spoken-to-people-with-a-30769754.aspx

Subject:  Re: Poll: When should abortion be legal/banned Date:  7/10/2013  4:30 PM
Author:  Jeanwa Number:  1888260 of 1966771

MV, have you ever really spoken to people with a firm belief against abortion IRL?

Almost every one I've ever spoken to equates abortion with infanticide. For them, even formulating abortion as a decision between a woman, her doctor, and her partner is missing the most critical person of all - the baby. Small-government conservatives would never consider infanticide to be a private decision outside the regulation of government, and those who are against abortion share in that decision.
=============================================

Not, MV, but I do know some who are firm against abortion. The ones that I know are not the ones that say no gov paid health care.

Maybe those small government conservatives, who are against government subsidized health care are not anti-abortion conservatives.

I think there is too much of a tendency on the boards to lump people into the group based on one view they may have posted about.

That's why I tend to stay out of the discussions when it's "conservatives believe x" and "liberals believe y" when what individuals believe are all over the map.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us