The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Early CampFIRE

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/goofy-my-father-age-93-my-father-in-law-age-89-30770134.aspx

Subject:  Re: Question for TMFPMarti Date:  7/10/2013  9:00 PM
Author:  Jim2B Number:  688546 of 745812

Goofy My father, age 93. My father-in-law, age 89. Neither has a valid "government approved" ID. Both cannot use public transportation, nor can they drive. So unless you are bringing the "government" to them, they are, by definition, disenfranchised.

Good grief, my grandparents voted well into their 90s and even after they voluntarily stopped driving (for safety reasons). In most cases, family members drove them. In others, the senior center or other voluntary organizations took care of it.

It finally becomes apparent why democrats vote to have the government treat them like children. It's because they never figured out how to take care of themselves.

Even supposedly successful democrats like Goofy claims to be, can't figure out the solution to extremely simple problems.

Honestly, if democrats can't figure out how to solve the "voter ID" problem, then perhaps it is best that they not vote. I'm not saying they should be disenfranchised, I'm saying that emplacing a minimal hurdle is a good way to keep those not qualified out of the system.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us