The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Politics & Current Events / Political Asylum

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/i-dont-think-you-understand-what-admitting-30771267.aspx

Subject:  Re: Walker bumps against that pesky Constitution Date:  7/11/2013  2:50 PM
Author:  Conehead Number:  1888456 of 1949661

I don't think you understand what admitting privileges are. In the unlikely emergency you describe, both doctors would do the same thing; call an ambulance. Doctor's do not need "admitting privileges" to summon emergency care. No more than I need "admitting privileges" to call 911.

This. This. This a thousand times.

This is like requiring every business traveller to be certified to fly a 777. Not only is it stupid, but its also impossible. Just as one of the requirements for flying a 777 is that you fly a 777 regularly, one of the requirements for admitting privileges is that you will actually use those privileges regularly.

Having admitting privileges would not help the situation at all, because the hospital already has ER staff. Just like the 777 already has a pilot. Requiring all of the passengers to be 777 pilots doesn't just make it nearly impossible to be a passenger but it doesn't help the pilot.

--CH
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us