The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Politics & Current Events / Political Asylum

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/if-someone-could-show-me-evidence-that-a-cult-in-30771272.aspx

Subject:  Re: Poll: When should abortion be legal/banned Date:  7/11/2013  2:52 PM
Author:  Hawkwin Number:  1888458 of 1961372

If someone could show me evidence that a cult in New Mexico was routinely performing late term abortions in an eugenics program, I would be more sympathetic.

The logic you apply in your analysis is odd. You state that you generally agree with the arguement of viabilty but dismiss restrictions based on such because you don't believe such occurs with enough frequency to prohibit such.

To use a crass response to illustrate a point, just how many babies need die for you to be sympathetic?

The Guttmacher Institute (they advocate for abortion rights so their numbers are not likely biased against abortion) estimates that roughly 1000 late term abortions occur every year in the US, or less than 1% of all abortions. Is 1000 enough for you to be sympathetic? If not, how high would that number to be? Is 1000 a year considered a problem? If not, how high would it need to go before you would think there is a problem?
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us