The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Politics & Current Events / Political Asylum

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/-youve-added-a-few-qualifiers-and-i-appreciate-30772657.aspx

Subject:  Re: Poll: When should abortion be legal/banned Date:  7/12/2013  12:48 PM
Author:  nigelwhalmsley Number:  1888646 of 2016233

[ You've added a few qualifiers, and I appreciate that. ]

"The qualifiers are not new. My first post with an opinion above I stated that everyone has choice."

The qualifiers I am referring to are when you said "I don't suggest that the mother must sacrifice her rights, only that there is a timer by which she must execute them or give up such right to the unborn (assuming healthy mom and baby)." The timer and the assumption of a healthy mom and baby is a big one. I don't know the stats, but I would guess that most late term abortions are related to a health issue. But your initial statement really is not true - you are indeed suggesting that the woman involved have her rights taken away if she violates the 'timer' (which we all understand is very difficult to define).

"Later I stated that I was pro-choice and pro-life. I would think that I have been clear that I support choice. Perhaps not."

Not sure how you can be both, but I suspect you didn't mean to say that. I also obviously support choice. To me, I still see no reason to cede this to governme