The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Paying For College

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/honestly-i-wasnt-even-aware-the-school-existed-30772685.aspx

Subject:  Re: financial aid Date:  7/12/2013  1:05 PM
Author:  1poorguy Number:  8055 of 8206

Honestly, I wasn't even aware the school existed until I saw their flyer yesterday.

It's so different now. When I went to school the internet was AOL (and Prodigy). The sorts of webpages and information available now dwarfs what it was then. And there are literally thousands of colleges to choose from. I'm learning how to start sifting through this (hopefully 1poorkid is better at it!). It's almost too much information.

First you have to identify candidate schools, then you have to see if you can afford them (with or without aid, as the case may be). Which is why I was hoping for some resource that looked at aid first (since there's no point in looking at a $40K per year college if there's little aid).

I did spot the "value" college section of US News. Seems US News has more consolidated info than any other source I've found so far.

1poorguy
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us