The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  investment property Date:  7/13/2013  12:20 PM
Author:  mikeatPL1 Number:  118859 of 127616

I was wondering, is it possible to sell my rental house and instead of reinvesting in another rental or investment property, can I invest in a REIT and not pay capitol gains? I think they call it a 1031 exchange.
Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us