The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Personal Finances / Buying or Selling a Home


Subject:  Re: Getting a mortgage with SE income Date:  7/14/2013  1:15 PM
Author:  CCinOC Number:  125779 of 128887

So for 2012 my income was something like 80% W-2 wages and 20% self-employment income.

You won't be able to use any self-employment income to qualify because it hasn't been proven by a 2-year track record.

Your W-2 income has declined year-over-year, but you've returned to 100% income at a new job without a break in employment.

Since you haven't yet filed a tax return with self-employment income, and were I originating your loan, I would disregard your S/E income completely and qualify you on your salaried employment with your new job.

You'll be required to provide:

30 days paycheck stubs from your new job
2 years W-2's for your salaried job(s)
2 years Federal tax returns, all pages/all schedules

The underwriter will take your current annual income divided by 12 to arrive at your monthly qualifying income.
Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us