The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Early CampFIRE

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/you-wouldnt-go-to-homes-youd-go-to-homeless-30781087.aspx

Subject:  Re: Question for TMFPMarti Date:  7/16/2013  4:52 PM
Author:  lowstudent Number:  689104 of 757857

You wouldn't go to homes, you'd go to homeless shelters, assisted living centers, sporting events, churches, schools, bars, and so forth. Anywhere there's a group of people who don't really care whether they vote or not. Again, you'd have to go a few times. First to tell people to register and get the absentee ballot and you'll pay them $y each for the signed ballot. Then later to collect the ballots and pay out the money. Another advantage of buying votes through absentee ballots, besides being sure the votes go like you want, is not having to reveal who you want the votes to go to.

Phil

So the only thing you would need to do would be to have rules that anyplace with more than say 6 registered voters from the same address would require signature verification.

As long as we have a system without common sense QA processes all systems are easy to violate.

Again, I see these ballots as easier to protect as any, further I personally would support that absentee ballots nor be picked up but rather mailed with a random mailing pattern

I think absentee ballots are quite valuable, and again not hard to protect to a degree that makes massive corruption possible without a huge investment of effort
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us