The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/i-dont-usually-comment-on-this-kind-of-thing-but-30782294.aspx

Subject:  Re: Wht Say You All Here.... Date:  7/17/2013  1:29 PM
Author:  FCorelli Number:  72636 of 76084

I don't usually comment on this kind of thing but I've been going back an forth with exactly your question myself and I have my own ideas.

I am not the Market Maven joelxwill is but I do tend in his direction with regards to general market behavior.

This is an educated hunch.

We are due for a retrenchment. Things have been up for a long time and looking a little "Toppy". Not sure how big any retrenchment would be but I do believe we have seen the generational low in this market cycle. That would have been 2008/early 2009. Anybody really think we'll flounce 60% again? I just don't see it. If you see that what are your reasons? Besides just repeating "bubble...bubble...bubble..."

Looking at the last 2 generational bears, 1929-1942, the low point was 1933. 1966-1982, the low was 1974. But things in general sucked for a longer period time. I don't have all the charts going back to 1870 but my guess is things followed a similar pattern in the old boom and bust days.

Anybody who wants to bust my tussy and pish-posh about timing, charts, "cycles" and such feel free. I might answer or I might not. I'm just calling it like I see it.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us