The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/1-the-fed-is-quotprinting-moneyquot-30782454.aspx

Subject:  Re: Wht Say You All Here.... Date:  7/17/2013  3:05 PM
Author:  FCorelli Number:  72640 of 75340

1) The Fed is "printing money". (Krugmann gives a different kind of explanation and says they are NOT printing money. Oh, whom to believe...?)

The reality is:

a) Sorry, whatever you call it, they have no choice. The way the game is played /rigged this is how one punches one's way out of it.

b) The Fed's other job is to handle all the money. They will not print a blizzard of money then 5 (or whatever) yrs later just sit there and let it cause whatever it causes. They have a program to deal with that too.

Like I said in my previous post, things suck for a longer period of time but the stock market doesn't bottom out the day before the next favorable long term go-around.

As far as being all in cash. I must admit at this exact moment I am the same. I have a couple of external reasons for it (big expenses coming up) or I might have stayed in the market a bit longer, but overall, hey, it's not gonna kill me to sit out a round.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us