The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retired Fools

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/regarding-fox-news-ill-take-that-anyday-of-the-30797948.aspx

Subject:  Re: Poll: Where to live Date:  7/27/2013  12:25 PM
Author:  alstroemeria Number:  18549 of 19483

Regarding Fox News, I'll take that anyday of the likes of Ed Schulz, Peirs Morgan and that dolly named Rachael. Oh, and how about the tickled leg guy Chris Matthews.

It's a good thing there are choices, then. I choose no TV news 'cept the occasional PBS NewsHour, Frontline, Nova. I never watched much "lefty news." I don't even know who Ed Schultz and Peirs MOrgan are (but I bet it's spelled Piers-), or even what gender Piers Morgan is. While I don't think Chris Matthews is exactly an ignoramus, he's always grated on me. I hate interviewers who run roughshod over guests--like most of them on Fox when I used to watch, but amazingly enough, Fox News TV was once my major news source in the 90s and early 00s...before Bill O'Reilly went nuts and even the soft-spoken Neil Cavuto got nasty.

'That dolly named Rachel' is a Stanford grad and Rhodes Scholar with a PhD from Oxford (if Rachel Maddow is a 'dolly,' what are those blow-dried airheads on Fox?). Rachel has this to say about her politics: "I'm undoubtedly a liberal, which means that I'm in almost total agreement with the Eisenhower-era Republican party platform."

We now return you to your regularly scheduled Retirement ;-)
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us