The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Well on Less

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/here-are-more-ideas-for-leisure-activities-sell-30809274.aspx

Subject:  Re: Low cost leisure activity Date:  8/3/2013  6:44 PM
Author:  cathync Number:  1470 of 1498

Here are more ideas for leisure activities

Sell your stuff on eBay. (I'm now a Power Seller and I still have stuff to sell!)

Learn a new craft. You can learn anything on the internet, and on YouTube. Pottery making, scrap booking, rug hooking, candle making, sewing, quilting, calligraphy, glass working, and more

Build your own website or blog and write about your passions. (I have one about retirement and another about party planning)

Take up extreme couponing. I tried it, but it took up so much of my time I stopped, but on my first shopping trip after getting started I got $260 of groceries for $120. You can print coupons from online sites if you don't get a newspaper paper with coupons.

Document your family's history. Start with a family tree with information about your close family and research back from there. Tons of information online, and many towns have Historical Societies that can help you. Some public libraries have a history room that is a gold mine for genealogists.

Start a book club, sewing circle, quilting club...

Join a zumba class for exercise.

Start a family chain letter. Make a list of people and write a story about a memorable event, or what you're doing, send it to everyone and tag the next person. Ask everyone to add a name along with their letter. If you can do it via email, it will be free.

Organize your photos. Digitize your print photos and print your digital photos. Make new albums, like special editions on individuals or family events. Share photos with others in your family who may never have seen your photos of them.

I hope these are useful!

Fool on!
Cathy
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us