The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retirement-Soon or Done

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/picking-the-retirement-house-30809757.aspx

Subject:  Picking the retirement house Date:  8/4/2013  8:06 AM
Author:  JanFromEarth Number:  163 of 169

We live in the DC area and plan to relocate to a saner and cheaper part of the country. We are currently investigating New Mexico in 3 years but a possible promotion offer might place us in North Carolina in the next 6 months or less. The relocation costs would be paid and NC looks like a darn good second choice from NM. However, it has accelerated our thinking about the retirement house.

As always, I am turning to my fellow fools for their experiences. We have made a requirements list that covers criteria like bedrooms & baths. We have the budget nailed down but none of these things really restrict our choices. One thing would be to draw a circle around the new employment location signifying a 30 minute commute and still would leave a BUNCH of homes and neighborhoods.

So, we (perhaps) are moving into a new state where we don't have any information about the neighborhoods, etc. I am looking for the traditional "things to consider" and any suggestions about how to research this.
Thanks.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us